Frank Swannell Diaries: Part I
Diaries of Frank Cyril Swannell Learn more.
*All transcriptions are provided by volunteers, and the accuracy of the transcriptions is not guaranteed. Please be sure to verify the information by viewing the image record, or visiting the BC Archives in person.
BC Archives MS-0392 - Box 1, Volume 4-5
*Please note that archival source materials are original historical documents that have not been censored, reviewed or otherwise altered by the Royal BC Museum. Some materials may contain content that is racist, sexist or otherwise offensive. The Royal BC Museum is only the custodian of archival materials; the content does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Royal BC Museum.
INSTRUCTIONS for Officers and Men proceeding on Leave
1. Rifles will be taken but no ammunition. This is to be left with Unit.
2. Combined warrants and tickets to destination and return to be obtained from Unit before departure.
3. Men will be collected into parties in such formations as may be ordered at Railheads under Officers detailed for the duty. The senior Officer will be in command of the party and be responsible that the men entrain together and are marched on board the ship and keep together whilst on board and are marched off and entrained together at Folkestone; and the same procedure will be adopted for the return journey, the same Officer collecting his men together at Victoria Station. The men will be expected to assist by rejoining their proper parties as quickly as possible.
4. Pay to be obtained before leaving the Unit. French money will be exchanged at Victoria Station, not at Boulogne.
5. A copy of these rules will be given to each man with his leave form.
BC Archives, MS-0392 Box 1 Volume 4 FRANK SWANNELL PAPERS Diary and enclosures, 1915.